Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July 27th: Elder Nelson Opts Out of Kicking Children Who Make Fun of his Accent in the Face... (Probably for the best.)


To Dad:I've taught the Gospel Principles class here in Gualeguaychú 4 or 5 times already, but they finally called a member to teach the class. It's a fun experience. Disfrútelo. It wasn't a "lesson" per se. You just got up and shared a scripture, why it's significant and how we can apply in in our missions. 

Nope, still no copy of the (patriarchal) blessing. Apparently President Silva has it, but I don't really know who he his and when he is coming to Gualeguaychú.  We have 4 people that can eventually get baptized, but they all have to start coming to church which is a big to do. 

(Re: the four missionaries sharing a home) We get along super well. He (Elder Hartvigsen) cooked pasta for us last night so that was cool. I hope I get to stay another change or two with him. Haha, internet stalk (my companions) all you want dad. 

(Re: being away for 6 months now, and how they celebrate that occurrence) Yeah, I think I wrote 6 meses 18 más or something like that. Yeah, from what I've heard 6 months is a tie. 1 year is a shirt. 18 months is a pair of pants and supposedly 2 years is a suit but I might serve more like 23 months rather than 24 because we have to leave with the changes. Anyways we'll see. 

So Todd is getting married again. What does Ayami think about having a sibling? Are Ty and Tanya already married? So did the deer do anything to the dogs or just chased after them? Wow, tell Josh congrats on the bass guitar purchase. Thanks Dad. I better go talk to mom now. I love you.


To Mom:
Things are going good. Tranquilo. We actually have a ton of new investigators because we left with a recent convert and she is taking us to everyone she knows in her barrio. I don't think all of them are going to get baptized but just number-wise some of them are going to have to get baptized eventually, I would assume. 

(Re: how his Spanish is coming along) The adults understand me, but little kids still make fun of my accent, and if I wasn't a representative of Jesus Christ I would definitely drop kick them in the face...in front of their parents too. 

Go with a darker flooring but not too too dark. Sounds like you guys are having fun. I don't have a ton to report. I have potentially gained 20 pounds in the mission, so that's interesting I guess. I love you and hope your neck feels better.

To Grandma:

(Re: the Patriarchal Blessing) It was in Spanish and I assume I'll receive it in Spanish as well. Haha, that's good that everyone still loves each other (despite us having to live with Grandma while our house was being re-plumbed)

At least you guys have showers with water pressure. We are in the process of looking for a new house because the one we have right now would be more work to repair everything than just buy a new place. 

Wow congrats to everyone getting married. There's going to be a lot of new faces when I return. I assume Todd's new wife doesn't speak any english? Thanks for writing me Grandma. Thanks for taking care of the family. I love you, and I'll be sure to keep you in the loop.

To Nana and Pop:
July 20th:
Are Ty and tanya married yet? That's cool that everyone got to have a summer get together.  (Re: Abby repeatedly jumping off the side of the pool, despite not knowing how to swim) Haha, Abby is a wild one. Destiny too, but looks like Abby is a bit more adventurous

Elder Sosa finally arrived so we are no longer in a trio. He is from Spain. I don't know what he thinks of us crazy gringos, but we all get along super well. Enjoy the warmth there and I hope the fires calmed down. I liked the fossil joke. I love you both.

July 27th:
(Re: Nana and Pop going to the Chowchilla Fossil Museum) Wow, that's interesting. I think I've only seen cow bones here, but there's almost always some kind of bone on the side of the street. 

Wow, Destiny a flower girl. I think the first time I was a ring bearer I didn't want to walk down the aisle. Hopefully she doesn't follow my example. 

I honestly haven't seen any real fires during my mission. I've seen people burning their trash outside their house but other than that I haven't seen much. I assume it would be pretty boring to be a firefighter here. 

Thanks for the prayers. I love you guys and hope you're doing well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment